Disneyland Paris - 28th May 2011

Sunday 19 June 2011

For my first blog, I am going to write about what I am most interested in which is the latest trends for Summer. I am going to write a paragraph each for all the trends I love right this moment adding photos along the way, telling you how I would wear the clothing pieces and many more. I would recommend Republic (http://www.republic.com/) because you can find all of the latest trends within this store at a reasonable price.

Republic - £24.99
 Firstly, I think that Chino/Paperbag Shorts are a must-have this Summer! They are so comfortable, they are basically in every shop at the moment and you can wear them with almost anything. In my opinion, I think Chino/Paperbag Shorts will stay in fashion for quite a long time (hopefully anyway). There are many pieces of clothing that you can wear with Chino/Paperbag Shorts (either dressing it up or down);
Dressing it down:
  • A Plain White or Colored Top
  • Roman Sandals
  • Cardigan
  • Tights/Long Socks
  • Simple Jacket/Denim Jacket
Dressing it up:
  • Sheer Blouse
  • Blazer
  • Heels
  • Sleeveless Blouse
And many more...

This is an example of how I would dress up some Chino/Paperbag shorts.
 Secondly, my other favourite trend this Summer is Chino's, they come in mens and womens. 
Republic - £29.99
As well as the Chino/Paperbag shorts, Chino Trousers are also very comfy, I wouldn't say they are as comfy as the shorts though. They come in a various amount of colors but I prefer them in a sandy color like in the picture below. I have seen a lot of people wear chinos whether it's shopping, going out for a meal or out with their friends, Chinos are a very nice way to look fashionable but still comfy even if you wear it with an old Tee tucked in.

This is an example of how to dress down some Chino's.
 For my next trend, I am going to write about Peter Pan Collar Tops/Dresses, Sheer Blouses and Sleeveless Tops all in one because I think they are all quite similar in ways.


Republic - £29.99


Peter Pan Collars are a great way of dressing up an outfit in my opinion although you can get some casual tops with Peter Pan Collars. I don't have one myself but I have heard that they are very comfy to wear and can go with nearly anything because most of the tops are made of 3% (ish) Elastine so obviously, it is quite stretchy which I find makes it comfier. As they are called Peter Pan Collars they come in tops and dresses (as you can see in the picture to the left). The dresses are also made from Elastine (most of them) which makes them very comfy. All of these trends are in most Highstreet Shops.

Topshop - £22.50




I have seen a lot of people pair Sleeveless Shirts with Denim Shorts, Chinos etc. Many Highstreet Shops have Sleeveless Tops especially Topshop which come in various colors such as; Purple, Coral, Red, Green, Yellow and they even do lace which I think are really nice. In my opinion, I don't think they are worth the money because I wouldn't pay more than £20 on a simple top like this although, I really do like them.






Republic - £24.99


I love Sheer Blouses, although I don't have one myself. They mostly come in Cream, White and Pastel colors which are my favourite colors to wear. I think they look quite girly and elegant because of the pale colors but are still quite casual. As well as all the other tops, I have seen a lot of people wear Sheer Blouses tucked in to Chinos, Jeans, Chino Shorts etc. I would wear a Sheer Blouse with Jeans or Chino Shorts with a Blazer and Brogues, I find this outfit nice and comfortable.








Republic - £29.99
Maxi Dresses are a very nice way of dressing up in the evening, for the beach or going out for a meal. They come in different kind of patterns (abstract, floral, tribal etc) or block colors (basically any color). I can't wear Maxi Dresses myself because I find that they don't suit teenagers my height and they suit taller girls and the Maxi Dress to the right, is made from Elastine like the tops so it is very comfortable to wear out. Republic sell them for a reasonable price whereas other places sell them for ridiculous prices. I would wear Maxi Dresses like the one to the right out for dinner whereas I would wear Maxi Dresses like the ones below to the beach.


Republic - £10 in the Sale

Republic - £29.99


Republic - £29.99
 Lastly, my favourite trend for the Summer is deffinately Playsuits/Jumpsuits. They are the most comfortable outfits to wear and you don't need to worry about bottoms and tops matching! As well as Maxi Dresses, Playsuits and Jumpsuits also come in patterns and block colors as you can see to the right, I prefer them in patterns because I think they look much nicer. As you can see, the Playsuit from Topshop is like a Sleeveless Top and shorts mixed together so they have put two fashion trends together. Although, the Playsuit from Topshop is fairly expensive and I wouldn't waste £40 on a Playsuit.  

Topshop - £40


No comments:

Post a Comment