Disneyland Paris - 28th May 2011

Thursday 23 June 2011

Change...

My topic for my second blog is change. There are many different subjects of change to choose from; from the environment to someone growing up from a baby to an adult although, I'm going to stick to my subject before and write about change in fashion, make up and hairstyles.
First of all, fashion has changed dramatically over the years but to me, the most obvious changes were within the 1900's (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's). Fashion gradually changed over these 50 (ish) years. Here are a few paragraphs of what was in fashion in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and what is in fashion now, maybe even what has come back into fashion.
To begin with, I will talk about the fashion in the 60's. Fashion in the 60's was quite basic and there were not many bright colors, many people wore; hippie/festival clothing (bando's, fringed tops, fringed jackets, jeans) and mini dresses/skirts. Here are a few example:



As you can see, these pictures are exactly how I described them to be, simple but short dresses, fringed jackets, bando's and the list goes on. Although the short dresses and skirts have always been in fashion, hippie/festival looks haven't but recently, they have come back in fashion. I have seen many people wear bando's, anklets, jeans (which have always been in fashion, obviously. Although, different types of jeans have come in and out of fashion), fringed tops which are in fashion right at this moment and fringed jackets, I have also seen fringed jackets a lot recently.

The hairstyles were quite short but very big in the 60's. A good example is from the film 'Hairspray', during this film, there is a lot of big hair, curly at the bottom and huge at the top.

 Moving onto the 70's, these years were all about the flares and flower power! I think many people were influenced by Abba as they were a very big band back then and they had a lot of fans who followed their fashion and hairstyles. There was a big change from 60's to the 70's as more color was introduced and the outfits were becoming much more exciting and 'WOW'.



Hairstyles didn't change a lot during the 60's and 70's, although, during the 70's the hairstyles grew longer but still stayed curly/wavy.





20 years on, fashion has changed dramatically from simple short dresses to flower prints and flares to bright neon colors, leggings, leg warmers, sunglasses, bead necklaces, slogan tops and many more. I think this was the most fun fashion trend out of all of them because it looked fun and bright whereas the rest of the trends were fairly dull.
Many fans in the 80's followed their favourite celebrities and singers, Madonna was a very big fashion icon in the 80's to all her fans, everyone loved her and her fashion. MC Hammer brought out a new fashion with his baggy trousers, although, I don't think many people followed his fashion whereas nowadays, baggy trousers are in fashion (Harem trousers).


In my opinion, when I think of 80's hairstyles, I imagine messy hair up in a ponytail with bright neon accessories matching the outfits.


Lastly, the year I was born, I don't think there was a typical fashion. I think the best example for the fashion in the 90's was the programme 'Saved by the Bell'. As you can see from the picture below (far left), there was no particular fashion, people just wore anything and everything, the only trend that I can think of for the 90's was Denim; Denim Jackets, Denim Tops and Jeans.

I don't think there was a typical hairstyle for the 90's either but mainly short hair (bobs) came up in the search engine. Also, a lot of pictures of Jennifer Aniston came up of when she was in the very popular programme 'Friends'. Back then, she had a very choppy bob and I think many of her fans wanted her hair so that's where this hairstyle might of started.

No comments:

Post a Comment